In August, we will continue our message series, “Little Acts, Big Faith!” focusing on some of the lesser-known people from the book of Acts. This will also be a great time to dive into the Word of God as a church family. Simply reading one chapter a day allows the Word to speak to us all in a unique way. By the end of the month, we’ll have read the whole book together!
There are many ways to approach Scripture, but here’s a method my father-in-law taught me. Anytime we read scripture there are three questions to ask ourselves:
- What did the text mean for the original audience?
- What does it mean to us (me) now?
- What are you going to do about it?
As a former youth minister, I’ve adapted it a little for those of us who are in a hurry or need a simple reminder: What? So What? Now What?
- WHAT – What happened in the text?
- SO WHAT - Why does it matter?
- NOW WHAT - How am I called to respond?
We encourage you to find a time each day to dive into this Bible reading challenge with us! Read one chapter from the book of Acts each day in August. (i.e., read Acts 1 on August 1).
- Find a quiet place to meet with God and say a simple prayer to prepare your heart.
- Read the chapter for the day and write down a sentence or two on the questions above.
- End with a prayer of thanks, asking the Spirit’s guidance as you live into your “now what.”
If you would like to explore other bible reading plans, please visit bible.com